Koderly is a bespoke software and IT services company with 20+ years’ experience providing cutting-edge enterprise technology solutions to market-leading brands. As a Microsoft Gold Partner, we specialise in travel technology solutions, bespoke application development, and SQL Server database administration and support.
Our culture promotes learning, growth, and innovation, and we encourage our team to gain experience in different areas by taking on new challenges, whilst retaining autonomy over their own workload and hours. Koderly adopts a hybrid working model, meaning we work both remotely and in the office, to encourage collaboration, training, and mentoring.
This role is best suited to an individual who would like to join an innovative and forward-thinking software development and services company, working with market-leading brands to deliver complex software solutions. The successful candidate must share our company values demonstrating trustworthiness, work ethic, ambition, and morals.
As a Degree Apprentice Business Analyst, you will work directly with our customers’ product teams, and our internal development teams, documenting and designing functional changes for our market-leading travel technology. You’ll also be involved in new product development.
There are three core elements to the Business Analyst role, as summarised below.
- Working with customers and our in-house development team to design, document and implement bespoke software solutions, including preparing functional specifications and business requirement documents. Examples include enhancements to the core reservation platform and integrations with third-parties using our suite of API products.
- Contributing to the creation of software test plans, addressing UAT feedback, reviewing and monitoring support cases, progressing enquiry cases, completion of regression tests, liaising with the internal development team.
ACCOUNT & PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Management of the day-to-day client communications.
- Creating project plans and project documents.
- Building knowledge in relation to each client’s business objectives and KPIs.
- Making recommendations to promote continuous improvements to project standards, requirements documents and processes.
COMMUNICATION, TRAINING AND TEAMWORK
- Collaborating with other team members in relation to solutions and specifications.
- Contributing to the delivery of internal training sessions.
- Participating in and facilitating regular team activities outside of the office to maintain strong working relationships.
The right candidate will;
- Hold a minimum of 104 UCAS points at A2 or equivalent
- Have excellent organisational skills and effective communication
- Hold Maths and English Language GCSE grade A*-C
- Have effective organisational communication skills
- Have knowledge of the full software development lifecycle
- Have the ability to develop a thorough understanding of system capabilities and technical architecture.
- Have knowledge of bespoke software development, client/server architecture, data migrations, web services, APIs and third-party integrations.
- Have a desire to be part of a culture of learning, growth and innovation.
- Have a passion for creating amazing solutions for our customers!